Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Commencing with Housekeeping

Hello all, I hope this post finds you excited to get back into our book club.  In attempting to come up with the selection for May, I sat staring at my bookshelf, wondering which book I wanted to read first.  Though there were several I thought about choosing, Marilynne Robinson's Housekeeping caught my eye, and I remembered all of the emotions it stirred in me while reading it in grad school.  I look forward to digging back into this novel with you.  I find it hard to believe that this was Robinson's first novel.  Happy reading.  See you in May. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited! I got my copy from the library recently -- one of the things I love about this club is that we're far enough from each other that we can all use public libraries without having to wait for the same copy.

    ReplyDelete